marycostelloe's review of Travel Republic - www.travelrepublic.co.uk

“Thank you so much”

Written on: 12/01/2014 by marycostelloe (1 review written)

I booked a skiing holiday with friends, It was the first time I could afford to take my 2 sons as I saved for 2 years. My friend booked the flights with my card and thought I had travel insurance. I was planning to sort it out before I went. unfortunately my 11 year old son had an accident at school and ended up with a head injury. We were rushed to Bristol head injury unit, it was really scary time. Luckily the bleeding stopped and the swelling went down and my son was ok after 2 weeks rest.
However he can not do any contact sports or skiing for at least 3 months.
All this happen 2 weeks before Christmas, I did not get my sons anything for Christmas because the skiing holiday was going to be their present. I rang Travel Republic and told them the story. Really I was not entitled to any sort of refund because I did not have travel insurance. They asked for the discharge letter from the hospital and a panel discussed my case. They gave me a full refund. It was just what we needed after such a distressing time. I was able to buy my son a lap top for Christmas. I want to say a big thanks you to Travel Republic the humane company.