Confusing Documentation

RobertsonFamily's review of Travel Republic - www.travelrepublic.co.uk

“Confusing Documentation”

Written on: 27/10/2013 by RobertsonFamily (1 review written)

My only complaints relate to the paperwork. Firstly, I had opted to pay automatically on my credit card some time after I had paid the preliminary booking fee, and instead of receiving an email confirming that you had taken the balance of the holiday from my credit card ( which would have been the polite thing to do in my opinion) I received an Accomodation Voucher which looked exactly the same as some previous paperwork that you had sent me, without any reference that I had paid anything. This involved me having to telephone you to clarify matters, and I got the distinct impression when I spoke to your representative on the telephone that she thought I was being very stuipid indeed even asking the question.
Secondly, the arrangements for the transfer by private water taxi from the airport to the hotel were unecessarily stressful, and frankly need to be simplified. The option of downloading the app to confirm the return journey did not work, as the reference code provided by you was not recognised by the app. Then when we phoned the company in Italy ( no mean feat since we had trouble getting reception) again the reference code was wrong, and when I suggested a time for pickup they informed me that they had already allocated me a time.. so I ask why did I have to jump through all those hoops when they knew all the time! Very stressful.