Still charged £75 by Travel Republic despite Egypt Situation

Guest's review of Travel Republic - www.travelrepublic.co.uk

“Still charged £75 by Travel Republic despite Egypt...”

Written on: 28/08/2013

Have had to cancel my holiday to Egypt next March as flights to Luxor have been cancelled by Easy Jet. As part of our holiday we were going to spend a week in a Red Sea Resort booked via Travel Republic. However as the current Foreign Office advice is don't go to Egypt, apart from Red Sea Coast they insist on their policy of charging me £75 to cancel. I could try to book flights to the coast as an alternative, but basically flights are being cancelled left right and centre. If we booked new flights they would come in and out of Hurghurda where violence has happened and only last week holiday makers were told to stay in their hotels. Reading FO Advice no one in their right mind would book flights at the moment! As our holiday was to be a week at the sights in Luxor followed by a week diving in Marsa Alam there didn't seem any other option than to cancel. We are very disappointed as it was a holiday we have been really looking forward to. I feel that Travel Republic are basically cashing in on the situation, rather than being considerate and looking into the actual situation.