Dreadful Travel Republic

Guest's review of Travel Republic - www.travelrepublic.co.uk

“Dreadful Travel Republic”

Written on: 25/08/2013

4 days after booking I recieved a text at half6 sunday evening telling me my hotel room was no longer available and I have to pay another 100, they conveniently sent this once their help line was closed. So first thing Monday morning I ring and they say its the same hotel but price has gone up, unhappy we agree to pay half 50 and they will pay the rest. A few hours later I received another email my hotel roon is no longer available I have to pay 220 i ring them and they tell me to ignor the email I will receive my hotel confirmation in an hour, they will cover the 220. Ten minutes later I received a message the hotel is now fully booked and they have to move me to a different hotel! They offer me a choice of two hotels (my original hotel was a five star) the first is a 3star and not even in the same area as the hotel I had originally booked and the other was a four star. I choose the four star out of fear of having no holiday and under direst. I ask how much this is going to cost me and I am told that I will pay the same, at this point I get very upset and tell the customer service I will not pay the same as I payed that for a five star hotel with much more facilities than the one they was offering and I will not pay the same for a hotel that provides less. I only received 100 off and no official apology for the way I had been treated. Booking a holiday should be exciting, booking with travel Republic was stressfull and dreadful. Needles to say I will never be using the company again!