Carcassonne

Dusty7's review of Travel Republic - www.travelrepublic.co.uk

“Carcassonne”

Written on: 07/07/2013 by Dusty7 (1 review written)

I briefly visited Carcassonne as a teenager with my parents and have wanted to revisit it prperly since then. The added attraction was that the airport was only 3.5 miles out of the town. The only concern was that only Ryan Air fly there from the UK and my concern was compounded when after booking the flight it was changed from 11.15 to 7.30 in the morning.

Travel Republic took care of all the bookings including our flight, the Mercure de la Cite hotel, ATOL scheme cover and car parking at Liverpool.

Even though it was an early start, once we had arrived in Carcassonne, the early start did not seem so bad! The shuttle bus from the airport was excellent. The bus driver took us all to a bus stop nearest to our hotels and he gave us directions once we had got off. We had a wonderful 4 nights stay.

Finally, Ryan Air, not so bad. Flying from a small airport to a small airport is so much better than a large international airport although facilities were very limited at Carcassonne. We also paid for reserved seats each way was worth it because we had priority boarding and were guaranteed to sit together and watch the scramble for all the unreserved seats!