DO NOT USE TRAVEL REPUBLIC! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Guest's review of Travel Republic - www.travelrepublic.co.uk

“DO NOT USE TRAVEL REPUBLIC! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!”

Written on: 07/07/2013

Booking Ref: EUF/7191404 - Review on Travel Republic

It started as a very pleasant experience. Found a holiday online suitable for my family then called the number just to make sure that everything checked out and was given complete reassurance - I then booked and paid online.

What started as a plaeasant experience quickly turned into a nightmare of an ordeal right after they had FULL payment - funny that! Suddenly, the flights they had confirmed over the phone didn't exist. Of course they blamed the 'system' no one was responsible, naturally. They then proceeded to book another set of flights for my family. Guess what, another phonecall to advise that those flights which I had also had to pay in full for were also unavailable! A complete shambles and joke. Staff were unhelpful, unapologetic, at times rude and surly.

It was an advisor who did not want to give me her name who rebooked the second set of non-existent flights in sales. After those also got cancelled I had had enough and asked to cancel everything. The cheek of it when I was told that as a gesture of good will they would waive the cancelation charges! They should be paying me compensation for having to put up with incompetent and just plain inept staff.

I then spoke to a person in customer services who assured me that my booking was fully cancelled, processed and I would receive immediate confirmation of this. Guess what, no confirmation, immediate or otherwise.

The following morning I receive another call from Travel Republic from someone who plain blank refused to give me a name (why?) asking if indeed I still wanted to cancel - YES YES YES!!! She was extremely rude (now I know why she didn't want to give a name) and very unapologetic.

I do believe that a company should be judged on how well they provide customer service rather than just the buying process. Travel Republic failed royally. There are obvious failing in their training structure as their staff were incompetent, inept and should not be put in a client facing role. My first and last ever dealing with Travel Republic.