Disappeared with thousands of pounds

hare12's review of Travel Cheap UK, www.travelcheapuk.co.uk

“Disappeared with thousands of pounds”

Written on: 12/12/2013 by hare12 (1 review written)

I was using this company for the first time after they were recommended to me by a work collegue who claimed to have used them in the last 3 years. They were very patient and proffessional when I made my booking. With that type of service I didn't suspect anything until yesterday when I wanted to check with them why they had not sent my e-ticket and my trip due this weekend only to find out phone disconnected and website not accessible. I then phoned the airline using the flight schedule I had received and was told no booking for me, I was so devastated and two of my friends are in same situation also.

So from what I have learnt now from this whole ordeal is NEVER TO MAKE PAYMENTS FOR HOLIDAY FLIGHTS BY A BANK DEPOSIT always insist on them taking the payment by debit card. By giving you their bank details and asking you to make payment into that,they will be safeguarding themselves and we become the losing victims because the bank will tell you that you made the payment willingly and can't take it as fraud. For those who are in this mess please report your cases to Action Fraud. hope this will be helpful.

If anyone has got any other information regarding the whereabouts of them please share.