Financial Disaster

Guest's review of Travel Cheap UK, www.travelcheapuk.co.uk

“Financial Disaster”

Written on: 25/07/2011

In February of this year (2011) I booked and paid for two return tickets with Travelcheapuk to fly to Zimbabwe in late March . Three weeks before my wife & I were due to fly, the airline I had booked with went on strike. After having waited two weeks for the strike to end (it lasted a full month) I requested Travelcheapuk to urgently apply to the airline for a full refund for my tickets. In spite of over 17 phone calls and 6 emails to Travelcheapuk over the next 10 weeks (99% of which were ignored !!!) it was only after nearly 3 months that Travelcheapuk phoned me on the 1st July to say that my refund had arrived !! To add 'insult to injury ' Travelcheapuk advised me that I would only be getting a re-fund of £944-!! --(nearly £500 -short of the original tickets cost of £1428 !!!)
When I asked why the massive shortfall, I was told by Travelcheapuk that the shortfall was due to the airline being unable to refund the full amount ! This 'excuse' by Travelcheapuk has been refuted to me by the airline in question who has advised that all refunds due to the strike were paid out in 'FULL'!!--I can only therefore come to the conclusion that Travelcheapuk have 'short changed ' my wife and I --two pensioners who struggled for over a year to save for the above trip --What a 'FINANCIAL DISASTER ' !! --never ever will I use Travelcheapuk again !!!!

Have you booked through this tour operator before?