Disgraceful service

155Kenney's review of Trailfinders

“Disgraceful service”

Written on: 07/03/2014 by 155Kenney (1 review written)

My partner had a health problem, and we had to postpone the date of our trip to India. The cancellation and rebooking fees the agency charged have been ridiculous but fortunately refunded by our insurance.
In the second booking, the agent made the booking in different hotels but she assured they were the same standard of the previous ones. Well, we paid for 5 stars hotels ( as Taj, Hyatt etc.), and we ended in dirty and scruffy places. In one of them, there were even rats!
Despite our complains, several calls to London etc, we have been put down: the agency didn't do anything to make it better. The agent quoted every place was booked, and that's was the reason why they could not confirm the reservations at the same hotels. Unfortunately, she lied, and kept lying even when we proved those hotels had available rooms. At that point, she discharged the fault on the Indian branch etc.
I am convinced the agency made profit on the situation, and on the fact my partner wasn't well. We were not able to be on the top of the organization all time, and The agent behaved in an acceptable unprofessional way. As so as her supervisor.
Unfortunately, the agency severely spoiled our holidays, and I will keep a bad memory of this trip to India: instead of relax, culture and leisure it has ended in a calvary.