Poor Customer Service & No Recognition of Customer Loyalty

Wydcombe's review of Thomson Holidays www.thomson.co.uk

“Poor Customer Service & No Recognition of Customer Loyalty”

Written on: 09/09/2013 by Wydcombe (3 reviews written)

I consider myself a loyal customer of Thomson's, usually booking two holidays a year for a party of up to eight. This year alone I have spent over £8000 on holidays with Thomson's but never again. Unfortunately customer service has deteriorated over the years and it seems once you have paid your money in full they are no longer interested.

It is very difficult, if not impossible, to speak to anyone who has any authority and letters and emails are completely ignored. Even "duty managers"(the most senior person available to speak to on the phone) seem powerless to help with even the smallest of problems and on some occasions have become rude and unprofessional when challenged. Recently a duty manager blamed me for a spelling mistake on a booking for which he charged me for and told me that he had no proof I was "loyal" customer so wasn't prepared to make any allowances. The fact that the same name was spelt correctly in all other incidences and that I had spent over £8000 with Thomson's this year alone was not taken into account.

I am not usually a complainer, I don't have the time or the inclination, so I have given Thomson's the benefit of the doubt for many years despite numerous issues and continued to give them by business. I have not gone into detail here as I have already written and emailed to no avail (I'm still waiting for a reply to a letter sent in 2009) so there seems no point.

Thomson's have lost my business and from now on I shall book independently with smaller companies who give more personal service and recognise customer loyalty.