FIRST PRIZE FOR TERRIBLE SERVICE

West177's review of Thomas Cook

“FIRST PRIZE FOR TERRIBLE SERVICE”

Written on: 09/07/2014 by West177 (1 review written)

I booked a family holiday to Florida last August 2013 and at the time was told that the paperwork I received would be the only ticket I would receive and to keep it safe. Two weeks before travelling I looked on the net to find out the baggage allowance and noticed that the flight time had been changed, it has been brought forward by 2 hour. This concerned me as if I had not noticed it we would have arrived at the airport to find the check in desk closed, we would not have been able to fly. This finding opened a can of worms as when contacted the shop where I booked I found that they had not issued me with the voucher for the car we had hired, and that if we did not produce this voucher in Orlando we would not the car. When I spoke to the manager of the shop she was anything but helpful just kept saying that they had up to the day of travel to inform me of any time changes and that I would have been given a telephone number at the airport to ring around and find out where to look for my hire car. I was outraged at this response as we had to travel from Newcastle to Manchester to get the flight. I was then told that she had e-mailed me with he changes and left a message on the works telephone when I asked her to forward me the original e-mail with the times and dates it was sent she told me she could not do that, and why would anyone leave a message on a works phone I could have left that place of work for all they new. She was not helpful at all and would not help with trying to get us to the airport any earlier or giving me assurances that when checking in at the last minute our family would sit together. I find the whole thing unbelievable.