Do not USE THE HOLIDAY PLACE.

Guest's review of The Holiday Place - www.holidayplace.co.uk

“Do not USE THE HOLIDAY PLACE.”

Written on: 17/02/2014

The Holiday Place charged me twice for booking holiday. £2800 per holiday x 2 = £5600. Waiting for the refund.

I will be honest in my feedback towards The Holiday Place. I have had very unpleasant experience of booking holiday with The Holiday Place this time.
When I booked this holiday, the payment was taken straight away but no confirmation was received. After several calls it was apparent that the room I booked was not available and The Holiday Place said they are trying to sort this out for me. After several frustrating phone calls I was either offered another resort or was asked to pay extra £200 to secure the rooms in the resort which you had already taken money for.
I decided that at this point I will cancel my holidays. Again after making several calls I was offered free upgrade for the first 5 days of my holiday and booking was confirmed. Thank to Damien for helping me out with this.
Before going on my holiday I was travelling in Europe (business purpose) for several days and then arrive in the UK on the 24th Jan and fly out to Mexico on the 25th Jan. Due to very tight schedule I asked The Holiday Place to send me my confirmation of hotel vouchers and flight bookings so I could print and check this out in advance. This was not done till 3 days before travelling, totally unacceptable. Again several phone calls were made to secure this paperwork. The amount of time spent on chasing for holiday paperwork it was totally unacceptable and inefficient.
On the 25th Jan when flying to Mexico, the flight was delayed for 2.5 hours and we were not allowed to come off the plane. We were boarded and then were told that the pilot had to attend some personal issues and therefore had to walk out of the plane. Therefore we were seated for 3 hours in the plane before departing.
Finally, when I came to look at my card statement, I saw 2 transactions to The Holiday Place. This is completely unacceptable and unethical. £2,8K is alot of money and this has also led to interest charges of £71 as seen on the credit card statement.

Points to note:

Holidays are for relaxing and unwinding and something that you look forward to after paying alot of money and not to have constant pressure of chasing for things which you have paid for already. I was sold a holiday for £2.8K but it was very time consuming and frustrating experience