Poor Customer Service & Lack of integrity

thatlovelylittlecakery's review of The Holiday Place - www.holidayplace.co.uk

“Poor Customer Service & Lack of integrity”

Written on: 23/09/2013 by thatlovelylittlecakery (2 reviews written)

My husband and I spent weeks looking for a once-in-a-lifetime holiday to South Africa. We came across some fantastic deals, but none was matched by the deal we were offered from Holiday Place. Our entire 14 night stay, including hotels and game reserve, was quoted at £3,300. We were exctatic, as you can imagine, and decided to book with the Holiday Place that day. My husband went ahead and provided his credit card details over the phone, and was told that everything had now been booked. Except that, 10 minutes later, the advisor at the Holiday Place called him back to say that (within 10 minutes) the price of the trip had gone up to £4000.

By this point, we both had our hearts set on the itinerary and had already turned down several other operators. So, he went ahead and paid the extra £700. We were wary, but still pleased because we thought our holiday was now booked. We recieved all the booking confirmations and final itnierary, and thought we could breath easy. Boy, were we wrong.

10 days before we were due to fly out and 2 weeks after paying the full price for the holiday, my husband recieved a phone call from the Holiday Place advisor telling him that 3 of the 7 hotels we were supposed to have been booked into (including the game reserve) were unavailable. The advisor told him we would have to pay an extra £100 each to book other accomodation, or alternatively, we could have our money back.

I could not have been more disappointed at the shoddy customer service, low quality and sheer unprofesionalism of the Holiday Place - but, with 10 days to go and having both booked leave from work and sorted everything out for our trip, we could not now cancel - especially as we had been told multiple times when we were searching for a holiday that things would get booked up very fast and we were running very close to departure date.

We have not yet left the UK for South Africa, but I can honestly say that I am VERY worried that we'll get there to find we have no hotels to stay in, or that we'll have to pay extra when we get out there.

The Holiday Place have been utterly ridiculous. Please, please, if you are considering a holiday and are parting with a large sum, consider going elsewhere. They have no sense of integrity or professionalism, and really are just in it for the money.

Thatlovelylittlecakery's Response to thatlovelylittlecakery's Review

Written on: 20/10/2013

Quick update: we went on our holiday (which wound up costing us 4.5k -£1,200 more than we had initially been told it would by the Holiday place), spent 24 hours travelling and reached Cape Town to find that a reservation had not been made for us at our first hotel. Thankfully, the hotel had some room and the lady at reception made our booking for us there and then - but had it been peak season I don't know what we would have done. The Holiday Place - utter rubbish.