Shocking Experience

Manny89's review of Teletext Holidays www.teletextholidays.co.uk

“Shocking Experience”

Written on: 28/04/2014 by Manny89 (1 review written)

I will never book with teletext again!!
I booked 7 days in Turkey with teletext. The Indian call centre is a nightmare and they can barely understand what you are saying and are also quite rude! Tried to get me to pay for a £30 each upgrade to something they called all inclusive silver, when I declined paying the extra they said they upgraded for free which I though was great until I got to my destination! We were meant to have a garden view with branded all inclusive drinks and access to more then one resturant! Our garden view was a room with no balcony (we are smokers so NOT HELPFUL!) and there was no garden but one flower bed and a load of concreate! The hotel did not even do branded alcohol so that was rubbish and the other resturants were closed due to it not being high season which we was not informed of so quite glad I didn't pay for it! We were also not informed about the online visa process which I only found out through someone I know telling me! We would have got there and been sent home again!!!! We also paid for private transfers of which someone was meant to greet us in Turkey with a clip board with our name on. No one was there so we had to go looking for the transport company. Once we found them they tried to shove us on a bus with everyone else and we had to argue with the transport people (who could speak little english) to try and explain we paid £100 for private transfers. After waiting 45 minutes to actually move anywhere our driver got lost and picked up a random man off of the street at 3.30 in the morning to get us to the hotel. He told us he was the transport manager but we could quite clearly see he was running around streets trying to find people to help him! We landed at 1am and the journey was only meant to take an hour but we did not arrive to the hotel until 4.15! We were really hungry and the hotel would not let us have any all inclusive food, we had to pay £50 for room service! This was 2 sandwiches and 3 beers! JOKE!
That night we had a letter from the sales office to meet our rep at 12pm the next day. We waited for him for 45 minutes along with another couple and after not showing up I asked reception to call him. The man said he thought it was the next day he was meant to come and will call our room to let us know what time he will be there the next day. GUESS WHAT... NO PHONE CALL! The other couple managed to track him down and booked a trip with him. He called 2 hours before they were due to leave to cancel!! We wanted to see him to go on some trips.. thats the whole point of a holiday right?? We had to walk 20 minutes from the hotel to find a place that did trips. Booked and paid for one with them, the bus turned up and was full! So the whole holiday we didn't get to go anywhere! Would have liked our rep to actually bother to turn up! That is part of what you pay for!!
All in all, everything the hotel provided was up to scratch but everything that teletext is meant to provide is utter rubbish! I am really not happy! The start of our holiday was horrific and frankly quite scary with picking up random men at the side of the road after getting lost for an hour! And the driver still had the cheek to put his hand out for a tip! This was meant to be a week away for my 25th Birthday but ended up being a nightmare! £1200 and got the worst customer service known to man! I am still waiting to get an email back for the complaints team at teletext! They obviously do not give a hoot!
I WANT COMPENSATION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teletexthols's Response to Manny89's Review

Written on: 28/04/2014

We are sorry to learn of the problems you experienced on your recent holiday booked via Teletext.

You should receive an acknowledgment of your complaint within 7 working days of your email. Your complaint will be fully investigated and the team will endeavour to provide a full response within 28 days.

If you have not received your acknowledgment please provide your booking reference so that this can be chased.

Once again please accept our apologies for the issues you faced on holiday.

Teletext Holidays

Manny89's reply to Teletexthols's Comment

Written on: 28/04/2014

I've contacted the agent I booked with for a complaints email address so please can you provide this to me.
Thanks in advance

Teletexthols's reply to Manny89's Comment

Written on: 29/04/2014

Hi,

Due to Reveiw Centre's restrictions, we are unable to post the details here, however if you go to the 'contact us' page on our website you will find it there.

Hope this helps.