Super Escapes? More like Stupid Escapes!!!

Guest's review of Super Escapes Travel - www.superescapes.co.uk

“Super Escapes? More like Stupid Escapes!!!”

Written on: 07/08/2013

I would never, ever recommend this company to anyone! They are a shower of lazy,lying incompetent muppets who are only interested in making money out of you!

I booked a late deal to Marmaris with a week to go before departure. I was due to fly in the early hours of Sunday morning and on the Tuesday received my travel documents, which all contained an extra letter in my first name and the title Mr instead of Miss. this was despite me clarifying the details with three different agents, all of whom spoke very quickly with heavily accented English on a phone line that sounded like it was being operated from an underground cave!

When I informed customer services about their mistake, they insisted it would be changed, but by the Friday, still no documents.

When I contacted them again, they insisted that the mistake was mine. I clearly don't know how to spell my own name and apparently sound like Lily Savage on the phone! They tried to convince me that the amendments would cost £160, but they would only charge me £90! This came down to £50 after much screaming and shouting from me, which I had to pay as I was worried that I wouldn't be able to travel without the documents.

On the Saturday, the amendments still hadn't been made and I was told firstly that they were waiting to hear from their suppliers. This was a lie! Olympic Holidays hadn't been instructed to make any amendments and couldn't make any without authorisation from Super Escapes! Armed with this knowledge, I rang back a few hours later and was told it had been done and would be emailed to me within fifteen minutes. It wasn't because it hadn't been done!

Eventually, I had to make several phone calls to Thomas Cook in tears - one of which cost me £11 - and made the amendments myself, costing me another £50 (not £160 as they said it cost!).

After I'd changed the flight details myself, got my friends, who were already at the hotel to check I was booked in and arranging for my own transfer details to be emailed, I finally heard back from Super Escapes 13 hours before I was due to fly. They said it was too near to departure time to change the details and I should just do it at the airport. Another lie! They also addressed the email to Mrs Lowe (slightly better than Mr I suppose!) and one of the documents still contained the wrong title!

I find it very strange that these agents got my name and title wrong on the booking, yet managed to get the name correct on my credit card details - especially since my name was the only one on the booking. I think these people make mistakes on purpose so that they can charge you way over the odds to have them amended! They don't care what happens to you once they have taken your money and they simply lie to get you off the phone.

Do not touch this firm with a barge pole. It's worth paying slightly more for peace of mind and decent customer service.

Janejaneg's Comment

Written on: 07/09/2013

hi from my experience and other reviews I see I think the mistakes are deliberate to rake money out of customers, when they spelt my daughters name wrong they wrote it in block capitals! so it would be noticed, this company needs to be prosecuted and closed down!

Saveysense22's Comment

Written on: 21/05/2014

I totally agree with the final comments. The incompetence of this company is staggering and more worrying is that they are allowed to continue trading. Just read the reviews on this site and take time to consider why so many are bad before you decide to book.