Con-merchants - avoid at all costs

Guest's review of Super Escapes Travel - www.superescapes.co.uk

“Con-merchants - avoid at all costs”

Written on: 16/07/2013

I booked my holiday with Super Escapes in Jun-13 for 3 people flying with Ryanair (with 3 checked-in luggage items).

The problem I had was that the sales agent at Super Escapes had only booked 2 checked-in luggage items (even though I wanted 3). So when I arrived at the airport the airline (Ryanair) charged me £100 extra for the Outward journey as the luggage was not pre-booked online. Likewise, for the return journey, I had to pay an extra £45. SO I paid £145 on top of the price I was quoted originally.

As with many people who have complained, I feel the company is only after your money. They quote a good price, and then you end up paying extra for the mistakes.

Key problems :-

1) After agreeing a price they add in extras - eg. booking fee, admin fee, credit charge fee, xyz fee etc. etc.

2) You have to deal with 2 people when making the booking, and this is when things go wrong - they use this tactic to make more money from you.

3) The sales people speak very quickly so you can easily miss an important point - eg. like how many bags needs to be checked-in.

4) Premium rate phone number, you get put on hold for ages.

I have still not received compensation - so everyone reading this review - AVOID SUPER ESCAPES AT ALL COST - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.