APPALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE

reeang's review of Super Escapes Travel - www.superescapes.co.uk

“APPALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Written on: 06/03/2013 by reeang (1 review written)

I wish I had come across these reviews before booking. I made my booking on 15th Feb. Waited three days before receiving booking confirmation docs. Spelling of second traveller's name was incorrect and had to advise superescapes to amend. This was duly done, and decided to call them to pre-book flight seats. This was absolute torture, I had to explain to the operator six times what I was trying to do (I presume this is an offshore outfit?), who in the end advised it would cost £25 per person return. I asked if I could choose my seating and advised this wasn't possible. In the end I telephoned thomas cook, who advised I could do this online, which I did and it only cost £15.00 return per person.

We then decided to upgrade our hotel room. Telephoned superescapes, confirmed room type required, and paid the additional fees. Two days later received an email which said please find attached updated docs re flight, hotel voucher etc., these were exactly the same as original set of docs sent to me. I emailed back to query why I hadn't received confirmation of upgrade and no mention of in-flight meals, which I was told was included at the time of booking. I have emailed three times for this information, contacted Hays travel also, who promised someone from customer services would call me and have heard nothing.

I have threatened to get in touch with ABTA, as I feel they shouldn't be allowed to act as travel agents. I have previously booked online with direct holidays + others, and never had a problem.

I was so looking forward to my holiday in May, but now have this fear of doom!

If anyone has any advice as to what I should do, please let me know.

Angie

Janejaneg's Response to reeang's Review

Written on: 07/03/2013

i feel your pain ive been through the same things its a nightmare! holiday travel watch helped me and also [name removed] at hays travel head office(she is busy so you have to be on her case)i am trying to pre book seats and am waiting to hear back from monarch airslines to see if i can do this through them,may i also suggest you contact your airline and hotel to make sure you are booked in,i did and i was and it made me feel less worried,super escapes should be investigated and closed down !hope this helps and good luck xx

Johnager's Response to reeang's Review

Written on: 08/05/2013

I booked and have not received a reply after paying £568 by credit card I have been able to speak to anyone direct I keep getting a wrong number or a no reply am very disappointed and concerned in spite of sending 2 emails I am still waiting for them to get back to me.. I will not use this company again

Reeang's Response to reeang's Review

Written on: 08/03/2013

Hi, I was contacted by a customer service rep from Hays travel yesterday. superescapes had noted my landline number incorrectly, but Hays tracked down my mobile.

Lovely lady from Hays called, who wanted to know exactly what the problems were. She promised to pass my case to someone from superescapes, who duly contacted me. I now have a flight itinerary which shows inflight meals, and an amended hotel voucher. So good to go.

As the lady explained, superescapes promote they are part of Hays Travel and therefore have their reputation in the travel market to think about - 10/10 to them!

Janejaneg's Response to reeang's Review

Written on: 07/03/2013

and yes its a call centre based in pakistan!very strange and their so called head office is a house in a cul de sac look it up on google i have also reported them to action fraud they need to be stopped