Will not be using Sunquest again

Guest's review of Sunquest

“Will not be using Sunquest again”

Written on: 05/06/2013

I returned recently from my vacation to the Mayan Riviera I had booked through itravel2000.com with Sunquest.
I have been to Mexico several times with other travel agencies and done the all inclusive thing and know how things work and have to say this was the worst experience I have had with a travel company.

Upon arrival in Cancun later in the evening, we could not find our travel rep to take us via shuttle we had paid for to the Grand Bahia Principe Coba resort. After wondering the airport and shuttle area, asking all other reps and security if they had seen our Sunquest rep we were swindled into paying $200 to take a tiny car for 4 of us with 4 large suitcases. Not only were we told the bus was not coming after waiting over 45 mins and being exhausted knowing we have a 1.5-2 hr drive to our resort from there, we were told that we would receive a refund by our Sunquest rep once we got to the resort. Needless to say the entire ride was stressful, I have never felt so unsafe on a vacation.

We also never received a meeting time/ orientation time with our Sunquest rep at the resort and was a pain trying to find out when he was around. Once we finally tracked him down, he was as helpful as he could be but being we were busy trying to enjoy the rest of our trip and sight see we could not meet with him until the last day. He told me to contact you to try and sort out a refund of some sort of compensation for this situation. Like I said, I have been to Mexico before and aware of locals trying to take advantage of tourist but we felt we had no choice and were extremely frustrated and exhausted.
. As a female traveling I use travel companies as a way to unsure we are taken care of and safe at all times and for the first time I felt extremely vulnerable. I will not be booking with sunquest again.