Unable to have seat selection prior to leaving

dregimba's review of Sunquest

“Unable to have seat selection prior to leaving”

Written on: 10/12/2012 by dregimba (1 review written)

To all travellers,

We haven't left yet, we will be going on a Sunquest vacation over Christmas 2012. My problem with them, and Expedia is that I am unable to pre-select our seats on our flights. I have long legs and prefer paying to upgrade to seats with more leg room. As well, I want to make sure I'm sitting next to my husband. I've seen flights like this were friends or couples weren't seated together... another reason I don't mind paying for it... but in this case, they don't even seem to want our money.

Explanation... I booked our Sunquest vacation through Expedia. Called the airline, they told me to call the travel agent. Called Expedia, they told me I had to get the seat selection through Sunquest's website by e-mail... and get this, send them my credit card information via e-mail. Called Sunquest, explained to them that sending this kind of information through e-mail is not very secure. They said they were the "travel agency" part of Sunquest and that there was no way to reach a human being by phone for seat selection. Sent e-mail to seat selection, they sent back an e-mail saying they were very very busy and that the seat selection would be done on a flight by flight basis and that they needed my credit card number. However, the subject line specifically says; "DO NOT REPLY". Anyway, lesson learned for next time. If you wish to go anywhere and have service, may I suggest you book directly with the airline rather than through a travel agency site... just use their service to see who has the best price, but book through the airline. It's the same price and at least you'll get service...

Happy travels,