30 business days seriously!

Guest's review of Sunquest

“30 business days seriously!”

Written on: 06/04/2012

We were scheduled to go to Aruba the week of March 19th. Unfortunately a family member got quite sick and we were unable to go. Sunquest was unwilling to do anything (which I understand as this is what cancellation insurance is for )except they said if we cancelled immediately they would beg the hotel for a partial refund. As the person was improving we decided to take our chances and wait it out. Alas we were not able to go. The day after our scheduled departure, I decided to contact the hotel directly to apologize for not giving them notice that we were not coming but indicated that we would like to go sometime in the future as the hotel was highly recommended. Within an hour of my email they emailed me back saying that they have cancelled the reservationa and would refund all but the first night and if we rebooked in the future they would refund the one night as well. However they said we needed to contact Sunquest. This is where the fun begins. I called Sunquest and they say "since this is a cancellation we cannot talk to you, you need to email us". So I email them, their response says their average response time to emails is 30 business days! What business in 2012 would have the nerve to post something as ridiculous as this! What do I take exception to? First, they probably knew they would get this refund and would have pocketed it themselves and really no phone calls and a six week response time??

Turtle2383's Comment

Written on: 29/08/2012

I am not surprise by what you have or still going through & I thank you for letting everyone know about this company & there deceitful strategies cause I was looking for a great deal for my vacation next March in Mexico & when I saw there new promotion ''we pay the taxes'' I thought this could be good for my group but was I ever disapointment when I saw that they only moved the taxes over into there price.Basically the customer is still paying for the taxes it just doesn't show up under taxes.What company in 2012 would dare pull a stunt like this I guess now they are 2 for 2 this year. I guess this confirms it they are a devios company with no respect for the past or future customers.

good luck