No customer service - they are just not interested!!

Guest's review of Sunmaster - www.sunmaster.co.uk

“No customer service - they are just not interested!!”

Written on: 15/11/2013

We decided to go back to the same hotel next year as we really enjoyed this years holiday. Thought I would try and save some money and got a quote from Sunmaster. It was so cheap that I knew it couldnt be the final price. So I telephoned have to say they were very friendly, off course the price went up several times but it did still worked out a bit cheaper than the other companies I had looked at so I decided to book BIGGEST MISTAKE I HAVE EVER MADE. We believed we were booking a room with a balcony but was only told after the booking that they could only "request" a balcony. Spoke to the man who did the booking but it was obvious he just didnt want to know and just fobbed me off and told me to ring customer service he wasnt quite as chatty and friendly then!.
We have made 5 phone calls to customer service and at premium rate cant imagine what it has cost me - being told something different every time and never being called back as they promised and each time they had no record of my complaint or previous calls. They just werent interested they had our money and couldnt care less.
We offered to pay more - being quoted £120 from one person and then that they couldnt do that from another. They dont seem to know what they are talking about and we definately had the feeling that they were just not interested. It might sound like a small thing not having a balcony but to us it is an important part of the holiday. In desperation I phoned the hotel in Majorca myself. They were very helpful and it all seems to be sorted - no thanks to Sunmaster. I have definately learnt a lesson and will never book or reccommend this company to anyone!!!

Andym2323's Comment

Written on: 16/11/2013

I find if you are polite and understanding on the telephone you get a kind honest reply back !!
If you did not ask specifically or if the holiday did not guarantee a balcony view you should not of ''assumed'' this in your holiday. If you ask at the hotel on your arrival for a change of room, the hotel may be happy to accomodate you, or move you in a fewdays ?
I hardly think Sunmaster deserves such a hard time in your review, and why did you have to ring them back 5 times if they were not going to give you the balcony view ?
Andy