Probably great for normal people

SaucyJack's review of Sunmaster - www.sunmaster.co.uk

“Probably great for normal people”

Written on: 11/10/2013 by SaucyJack (1 review written)

My partner is disabled and trying to deal with Ryanair to make the necessary arrangements for assistance was made more difficult than it should have been due to the fact that we had not made the booking direct with them. Since the only reason that we used a travel agent at all was to make things easier and give us less people to have to deal with, using a travel agent was, with hindsight counter productive. This was NOT the fault of Sunmaster, who were extremely helpful, but Ryanair are not geared up to working with people who have booked through a third party. They actually said to us at one point when we were having problems that we should have booked direct and then things would be easier!

The only real criticism of Sunmaster that I have is that when I book something that is advertised as a holiday, I think that the price quoted should include hold baggage. I would think it is very rare for someone to go on a two week holiday and not take luggage. In our case, adding the luggage put the cost up by over 20% from the advertised price.

In common with most travel companies, Sunmaster use a premium rate number for customer services, which is not an issue for an average person where everything is simple as they probably won't need to use it, but for people with special requirements, it is just an extra expense. The fact that customer services are probably needed more by disabled people than any other group, I wonder if this constitutes discrimination?