Treasures of Europe Review 14th April, 2017

Guest's review of Star Tours UK

“Treasures of Europe Review 14th April, 2017”

Written on: 24/04/2017

Firstly I would like to thank Star Tours for fulfilling my dream to go on an Europe tour. However, while starting with my review I would like to go for the things I liked about Star Tours.

The hotels booked by Star Tours were really nice apart from the one in Rome where we spent 2 nights.The hotel being a chain of Holiday Inn had very small rooms and literally there was no place to move from one side to other.

Now coming to the food there is absolutely no complaint regarding the lunch and dinner provided by Star Tours. The food was really delicious and every day there was some tasty desert at the end of each meal. I being a hard core non vegetarian pretty much like the veg food.

Now going on to details about the tour itinerary I think the Star Tours team should change the itinerary a bit in this tour.

I personally felt that there is no point in keeping Belgium on this tour as we hardly get 10-15 mins for a photo stop at "The Atomium" and frankly there is nothing to do in Belgium. Either include a few more tourist spot or simply remove Belgium from the list because it is absolutely baseless that we are entering through Calais, France then travelling all the way to Belgium for just 10-15 mins and then again travelling back all the way to France for the night. The first day is a complete waste as we keep on travelling the entire day just to pay 10-15 mins visit to "The Atomium."

Then comes Germany which is still fine and nevertheless we get to eat original "Black Forest" cake which is very yummy.
Then comes Switzerland where we first go to Rhine Falls which is beautiful and then the "Lion Monument" which is again fine. Then we drive to Lucerne where we get to spend some time. Then we head towards Engelberg which is heavenly. The next day we spend half a day at "Mount. Titlis" which is perfect.
Here comes Italy, in Italy Rome, Vatican City and Pisa are absolutely worth going but Florence is not. Florence City Tour is not worth honestly and there we get a lot of time to spend which is again not needed. Instead of Florence we could have gone to any other city in Italy or Switzerland. These are a few things that I think can changed.

Now coming to Geneva, Switzerland we were tremendously disappointed as we could not see the "Floral Clock" which is said to be the most visited tourist spot in Switzerland and the reason was it was under renovation. It is hard to believe that the touring agent like Star Tours were not aware of the fact that this spot was under renovation. Being a touring agent Star Tours should be keeping track of the tourist attractions if they are working or not. If some tourist spot is not on working mode then either we get the information before hand at the beginning of the tour or we should be taken to some different place or city as there are more than enough beautiful cities and place sin Switzerland. The Jet d'eau Fountain was also closed which I understand is due to bad weather. Is it not Star Tour's responsibility to be aware of the facts which tourist spot is working and which not?

There is a request also that Star Tours should start a separate tour of 9 Days consisting of Switzerland (5 days) and Italy (4 days). In most of the cases the women section want to visit Switzerland and spend some time over there whereas their counter parts want to visit Italy and spend some time and there is no such tour in which you can enjoy and spend some quality time in both the countries.

The pilot of our coach deserves a special mention as he was not only there for us driving from one country to another throughout the tour but also because he has an amazing driving quality. His driving was so smooth that not for a moment he made us feel that we are travelling so much by bus.

Apart from all these I liked Star Tours and the tour manager with us was a great human being. We enjoyed a lot on this tour. Looking forward to another tour with Star Tours sometime in future.

Hope Star Tours will pay attention to the points I have made out and will do the needful.

Get Great Holidays Deals From Expedia