Worst Tour of my life - Scotland 19th to 22nd Aug, 2013

imrankhan.reviewcentre's review of Star Tours UK

“Worst Tour of my life - Scotland 19th to 22nd Aug, 2013”

Written on: 24/09/2013 by imrankhan.reviewcentre (1 review written)

Sorry to say but Star Tours still in the mode of denial for its deficiency in service & the quality of travel. Utterly unprofessional & misleading people.
The worst tour of my life....

Firstly, 19th Aug was not a long Bank Holiday Weekend as been made to understand by them in their reply to this review by one of my co-passenger. It was the 24-25-26th August, 2013 FYI).

Secondly, why were we mislead and made to believe that an alternate coach was been arranged in lieu of our coach that broke down, when actually only a replacement part was ordered for? Why were we kept in the dark for close to 8 hrs.

Thirdly, Loch Lomond is just 40 mins drive from Glasgow City and is not at all an isolated or remote location as been informed by the Star Tours. In fact its a very busy route bustling with tourist activities.

fourthly, mine was a family of 6 comprising my father aged 73 yrs ( On a wheel chair) & my younger daughter aged 9 months and had requested for seats in the first few rows so as to make stepping in & out for my parents easier.
But Star Tours lied to us by saying no to this, as according to them the seats were assigned on the first come first serve basis. Then why were we given seats in the 6-7th row (near the toilet) when serially we were 4th on the list to book this well in advance.

lastly, why the hell is Mr. Rajesh Tawde made to deal with the passengers as he is not at all a Customer Service material, has big time attitude issues, is rude and blunt.
Why was he made our tour manager when he was more active on the Italian flight sectors and had last been to Scotland 2 yrs back. Also had very limited local Knowledge and was not at all entertaining.

Why is Star Tours just concerned about its profitability more then its reputation. Don't they know something called "exceeding customers expectations".

Why is a backup or a contingency plan not in place in the event of a break down?

Why was only 8 GBP per pax offered,when a days tour was lost due to no fault of ours. Why were we denied photo stops, Our stop at Fort Williams was skipped and were taken straight to the hotel at Inverness with no city tours or photo stops & on what basis was this figure arrived at, when actually we paid somewhere close to 40-50k INR per family for a days tour.

Imrankhan.reviewcentre's Response to imrankhan.reviewcentre's Review

Written on: 24/09/2013

Pls refer to "Horrible Scotland Tour Manager" review by one of my co-traveller to know more about the situation.

Star Tours's Response to imrankhan.reviewcentre's Review

Written on: 26/09/2013

Dear Client,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent tour experience.

Yours comments have been noted and passed on to the concerned individual.

Our Customer Relations Manager will be in contact you with in due course.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to elaborate on the issues which you faced.

Yours Sincerely,