Lovely Star Tour Experience With Dinshaw The Great !

HarieshChauhan1's review of Star Tours UK

“Lovely Star Tour Experience With Dinshaw The Great !”

Written on: 25/08/2013 by HarieshChauhan1 (1 review written)

Please let me share with you our memorable experience of our 12 day European Delight Tour, started on Aug 6th

It was a gruelling journey by coach from the pick up point then to London and on to Limbergerhof in Germany, it was nearly 17 hours. This made us doubt if we had done right thing to join such tour.

Oh yes, we had done the right thing, as from the next day onwards, we had nothing but fun in the coach, the coach was full of India as I call it, we had Maharashtrians, Telugu, Kannada, Tamils and of course the majority as expected were Gujjus

The hospitality by Star Tour management started to show off and began to give us pleasant surprise after surprise, when we were greeted in the marquee at the Cuckoo clock place, in scenic surroundings and we felt like guests attending a wedding lunch, the Indian style lunch was hot and freshly prepared, and offered something for every one. And sure there was hot Indian tea after the lunch as well.

Did not know if this treat was just one off or there were more to come, indeed this was a normal pattern, even in a little sleepy town of Jungfrau, the food arrangement with Central hotel / restaurant near our Ramada hotel was not too bad, during our 3 nights stay they came with good variety of food, even non veg lovers were not disappointed, there was fish curry on first night, then prawn curry the next and it was roast chicken on the last. I admired the way Central chef reinvented Indian Maalpua, they just used the sweet Western pancakes, soaked it in sugar syrup (like gulaab jamun) then took them out and sprinkled on top with badaam, pistas. It was delicious.

On most days during the lunch time there was kitchen caravan of Gourm India catering Co, waiting on the motorway lay by for us to serve us the hot Indian lunch. We will never forget the day when we all had Brolly good lunch, when it rained and we had to have our lunch under the umbrellas, it was all fun.

Gourm India catering Co has done a wonderful job throughout by treating us all with variety of food, although they need to be more imaginative when it comes to non veg item. They need to know, that chicken is not the only non veg item, they could learn from the Jungfrau, Central restaurant chef to cook masala fish fried or fish curry, prawn curry or even lamb curry etc.

Back to the entertainment, we had loads of fellow travellers with hidden talents. I can’t resist mentioning 2 ladies from the U.S who have got sweet voice, and potential to become proper stage singer, may be they already are stage singers but I do not know.

Any way the main highlight of the tour as any body would guess would be the scenic Switzerland or Italy, -------NO MY FRIENDS YOU GUESSED IT WRONG--------the main highlight of our unforgettable tour was our tour manager.
I can not find enough words to describe him, all I can say he is an all round talent, he sang and sang well with full lyrics and in sur and taal. He told jokes, and told well, we could not stop laughing. He even played a musical instrument and he played it well.
He did not need any book to read to sing or tell jokes; he himself is a walking computer.

We have done enough group tours, and I can say a few things about tour managers we had in the past, it is the tour manager that makes your travelling experience more pleasant and memorable than anything else.
Most tour managers were very uninspiring, most of the time the members in the coach had to organise singing and Antakshari themselves. BUT with himw it was totally opposite, he did not wait for any of us, he just did it to for us all, and we will never forget him.

We were going to give our whole Star tour experience 6/10 but only and only because of the manager and the difference he made, we give 10/10, and If am allowed to say, then I would say it loudly
PLEASE CHECK BEFORE YOU BOOK, IF YOUR TOUR MANAGER IS GOING TO BE HIM, IF NOT, PLEASE DO NOT BOOK

Thanks for reading my opinions. Hope it will help you.