careless tour manager giving worst tour experience

saurabhdharurkar's review of Star Tours UK

“careless tour manager giving worst tour experience”

Written on: 18/08/2013 by saurabhdharurkar (1 review written)

Tour manager was extremely careless and rude.He was not at all capable of handling senior citizens and managing group of 52 people.

Tour manager Mr.Manek went out of Venice along with entire group and left my parents behind in Venice and and when contacted he rudely informed them to manage themselves to get another boat and join the group .Then with extreme difficulty; my parents managed to get onto another boat on their own and join the group where this careless manager instead of apologizing; blamed my parents.
Who was responsible if my parents would not have been able to contact or join tour manager ?
It is tour managers responsibility to wait at meeting point till the time last passenger joins the group .My parents faced similar difficulties with him on all walking tours as my dad is having some knee problem and was not able to match fast walking pace of Manek.
Also Mr.Manek was certainly not capable of handling a group of 52 people and his instructions were never reaching entire group .
Star tour should stop advertising that they provide a caring tour manager.
I pray that none of other tour passenger faces similar issue again.

If passenger is not safe with tour manager then rest of the facilities like goof food/hotel/but etc are of no use.
Can not recommend this tour company to anyone.

Star Tours's Response to saurabhdharurkar's Review

Written on: 19/08/2013

Hi,

Thank you for leaving your review upon this social media site. We at Star Tours are naturally concerned when any of our clients have cause for complaint. Upon reviewing your complaint we believe that an elaboration to you and those reading this review would be appropriate.
We at Star Tours take complaints against tour managers very seriously. We are investigating this matter, however, as per our telephone conversation, on the 19/08/2013, we were able to ascertain that the tour manager had indeed waited for your parents for 25 minutes at the agreed point. As per the verification from your partner and your parents, the tour manager gave your parents the number of our local gondola boat operator, after losing the rest of the group, who then gave detailed instructions to your parents as to where to meet the tour manager. The tour manager, along with the remaining passengers, waited on the pier for 30 minutes for the arrival of your parents upon the completion of the gondola ride.
Your father had contacted Star Tours office on the 29/07/2013, one week before the departure date, and spoke to one of our advisor. During the conversation we had mentioned to your father that there was a fair bit of walking involved in Italy. Your father acknowledged the advisor’s comments and said he would manage.
As mentioned above we are still investigating this matter further so please give us countenance whilst we look into this matter further and respond back to you within statutory UK guidelines.

Kind Regards,

Manjit Suri

Sales Manager

Star Tours UK LTD

Saurabhdharurkar's reply to Star Tours's Comment

Written on: 14/09/2013

Claims by tour manager that he tried to help my parents and tried to contact them are false.
I have already provided call records to star tours.(mail below)
No response after that from startours.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 2:26 AM
Subject: Re: Complaint about Tour Manager : Treasures of Europe Tour (3rd -11th August 2013

Hi,

Just to add to our conversation this morning.

The Tour Manager informed you that he did wait for 25 minutes for my parents at agreed meeting point ; this is not correct.
-Please see attached call log of my Parent's mobile phone.(Please see log for 6th of August)
My parents called him at 12.42 on his local number and he told them that he has left 10 minutes back (so around 12.32 ) so even if agreed meeting time as per him was 12.20 he did not wait for 25 minutes.

My parents called him around 6 times during this time and he gave them number of local boat operator after first two calls - on first call he just informed them to any how manage by themselves to reach Tronchetto - No information/guidance was given on where to catch boat /where to buy boat tickets/directions etc.