Written on: 20/05/2013
We travelled with Star tours UK discover Europe ( joined t tour in Brussels directly from India)
1. T one point which stands out of t entire trip was t tour manager who was wit us for first few day's. I recommend anybody who wants to travel see t great cities of Europe it is must to see it with t best tour manager. Excellently managed t trip , people, sightseeing,food etc.you name it he did what was possible within his own allowed limits.
2. As per me since people travel with families children like we were with two senior citizens the things star tours can work for people joining from India is at least to ensure they assist in hotel and transport booking to ease t transit for passengers to join the tour directly in Europe. Especially instead of 12:30/1:30 t bus arrived only after 3:00 pm and all families had to wait on t road wit their luggage? In and around t pick up point not good for senior citizens and children.
3. The lunch for tour day 1 in Brussels pick p point was also not provided as the bus from UK was delayed for us who had joined from India directly.
4. I suggest star tours starts operating buses with some options for senior citizens to be able to climb up and down t stairs easily as my mother had a problem throughout t tour managing to climb stairs. They may facilitate buses with aid for handicapped / at least have step stool or some option for making it easy for senior citizens enjoy t sightseeing in a bus tour.
5. T tour was excellent wit our first tour manager and some of t other members wit upon t tour. However it was pretty completely t opposite when t second tour manager took over. Overall my understanding is that he is basically not interested in t job that he is doing and thereby t basic things expected by tourists are naturally not taken care by him it's more as if he is obligating everyone by taking us around t places? Unacceptable environment and a sudden shock after excellent tour managerial environment that we had been with him initially.
6. He seemed to be rude on various occasions with respect to timings for clicking pictures at t sights? Or people requesting few extra seconds for t washroom?
7. He would not wait for all members to gather together at t sight and would start talkin about t instructions or t sight details before that without having to bother about whether all families with kids or senior citizens have arrived properly?
8. May be star tours may want to check with him if he is keen to take only gold tours or business tours as taking discover Europe on normal rate seemed to be a job done forcefully rather than managing tour people and building a relationship out of interest.
9. Food provided for t lunch and dinner was good Indian option but request if breakfast could be better especially for vegetarians as at some places there was nothing more than bread and butter for many days for people who do to even eat eggs. You must avoid t tinned fruits the are served and ensure that fresh fruits uncut are provided at t hotels.
10. For the last sight in Paris the itinerary was changed Versailles garden was moved to t last day and drop point was changed this heavily impacted us as we had booked our hotel based on itinerary that was given to us at the time of tour booking? Mr Shahji suggested t families make their own taxi arrangement at Versailles garden itself with all t luggage? Again a indication of how t tour manager was managing families with kid sand senior citizens at a spot where taxis are also not readily available? We all had to take additional cost for t taxi to t hotel due to tis incorrect action. Star tours should ensure there is proper drop location list for passengers returning to India directly from Paris. Again there was no assistance provided for hotel booking to us?
11. It seemed to me that t tour itinerary was changed to accommodate one families request to cover Versailles garden on t last day as they had a Disney de tour and would miss it ? For this all other sof t tour were given 4-5 hours around louvre museum where only 1 hr is enough and perfume factory was not done on that day it was kept for last day? As a result of this Versailles garden where one needs at least 2-3 hrs people were given only 1 hr and no proper guidance of t area around. T be seen?
12. I do not think people should spend so many hours in Eiffel Tower waiting line star tours should have better time management and arrange for tickets in advance or appropriately a day in advance so that people do not have to wait for such a long queue and necessary waste one half day and compromise on other sight seeing plans?
As rated by our community of reviewers
" Vilamoura is perfect for rfelaxation " Read More
" Great Price, reasonable payment and cancellation policy " Read More
" 'My holiday was excellent, even better than expected.' " Read More
" Excellent holiday " Read More
" CONSISTENT LEVELS OF SERVICE " Read More