Never again I will book with them!!

Skylarm323's review of Southall Travel

“Never again I will book with them!!”

Written on: 26/07/2014 by Skylarm323 (1 review written)

An ordeal still not over. I had to book a ticket to India as my father had passed away and had to get the first available flight.
I requested a Southall telephone agent Mark (probably not real name) to book a ticket which does not have any penalty for a date change for return travel as I was not sure when I was going to return. They did not send me terms of booking before in fact sent me the ticket when I reached the airport. The booking was made on trust and past experience which was good and I was travelling in an emergency.
When it came to book the return ticket the airlines said I am not eligible for date change. The southall agent charged me £1307 for a return fare to India which was supposed to be a flexi fare ticket. In fact the agent booked a ticket which had flexi fare applicable to my outbound journey only. He was very well aware that I was travelling in 3 hrs so didn't need flexi fare for outbound. It took me several calls, lots of grief and another £86 to change my return date of Journey.This was in January its now July and I still haven't any reply. I have sent at least one email a month. They last email I had from them was on 20th February saying they will look into the matter but clearly they are liars and cons. PLEASE never book with SOUTHALL TRAVEL over the phone. You never know how they will cheat you. I have learned the hard way to always book through trusted websites. Also to mention I booked another flight today with Travel Trolley and they are a part of Southall. Same rubbish service. The price of the ticket kept changing all the way through the booking and when I phoned - exactly the same behaviour as Southall. Not prepared to help at all. Extremely dissapointed.