Great experience.. disappointing organisation

Guest's review of Solent Charters - www.solentboatcharters.co.uk

“Great experience.. disappointing organisation”

Written on: 26/08/2013

I booked the jetski experience event as a present for my boyfriends 21st birthday, and the actual experience was really great- plenty of time on the water and we were let loose to go as fast or as slow as we liked. However, the booking process wasn't very good. I called the number on the Solent Charters website (a landline) three times during the period of my booking, and every time I was told rather rudely that they couldn't talk because they were 'just pouring champagne on the boat for some guests' or something else to do with being on the boat, and that I should e-mail any queries. Why would they bother to put a telephone number on the site if they can't answer it? It made me really reluctant to book with them because of the abruptness I encountered, but since it was the best deal I could find I went with them anyway.
One other thing that was irritating was that we weren't told where to go for the experience, on the site it gives you TWO maps, depending on where you've been told to go. Since we didn't know, we had to try the reception desk (in a building that houses about 20 other businesses, and where Solent Charters was listed UNDER A DIFFERENT NAME), and then on the marina (which has about 12 different entrances). We found it eventually though, and it had a really great time. The woman doing the event with us said she had experienced difficulties booking also. I wouldn't book with Solent Charters again, but since the jet skiing was run by an outside instructor it was much better than expected!

Solentboatcharters's Comment

Written on: 26/08/2013

Hi
We will make sure we review the instructions we send out and try to improve them further for next season.