Frustrated

Guest's review of SmartFares - www.smartfares.com

“Frustrated”

Written on: 16/11/2013

When trying to book a flight a phone number popped up on the screen to call with a promotion code to book with an agent. (This was a $20 savings per ticket.) I called the number and was told the price was $398 per person. I tried to explain that I had just seen the tickets online for $298 each. I was told that was not possible and there were no tickets left at that price, and this was the best price that I could get. So, I told the agent that I would hang up and see what I could do online. He said, "Well you will not get a better price than I just gave you, because there are no tickets left at that price." I hung up frustrated and went back to the website and booked the flight for $298 each. Yesterday I would have gotten the $20 savings off of the $298 price for each ticket, but was not prepared to book the flight at that time. So now I'm not sure the agent I just spoke to was telling me the truth. The price was $298 yesterday and the promotion code took $20 off of each ticket. I'm now wondering if it all depends on who you talk to at the company. Right now, I am frustrated!