Called the call center for an additional $20.00 of promotion

cjmckcapp's review of SmartFares - www.smartfares.com

“Called the call center for an additional $20.00 of...”

Written on: 10/10/2013 by cjmckcapp (1 review written)

I called the call center for the $20.00 call center discount that was HUGELY advertised on the booking site. The agent proceeded to quote me $150.00 higher fare than what I was looking straight at on my computer. I told him I was looking at a $447.50 fare right then and he told me that fare was no longer available and the fare would be $598.00. I thanked him and proceeded to book the flight for the $447.50 that I had up on my computer that he said was no longer available. I am in customer service so I was not happy about being told two different things. Maybe the fare changed and I was lucky to get the lower fare right then. I think it's poor customer service to advertise one thing and then say another. I am going to check the fare again in a little while to see if it has gone up. Not a big deal on the $20.00 but if you are going to advertise it, you should back it. Other than that I liked the site and the fares. Hotwire was the only site that beat you on price for my trip.
Sincerely-
A little bit disgruntled customer...