Waste of time.

EmmaJayneH's review of SmartFares - www.smartfares.com

“Waste of time.”

Written on: 04/07/2013 by EmmaJayneH (1 review written)

I would definitely recommend staying AWAY from smartfares.
24 hours after receiving my 'confirmation' email I was sent another email telling me that I needed to scan my passport and both sides of my credit card and send it in to them in order to confirm my reservation. Obviously this made me more than a little uncomfortable and as I'm currently in a foreign country with no phone, computer and where I don't speak the language the idea of having to go through scanning all of these things and sending them just to buy a plane ticket was not a dream come true.
I've now spent half the morning waiting to speak with various representatives on the phone . There is no music or sound at all while you're waiting and so I have always wondered if I'm waiting for anything at all. It seems I was too slow is getting in touch with them, I now have no ticket and will probably need to spend more buying one from elsewhere due to the time lost.

The people on the phone are apathetic and rude.

I book plane tickets every couple of weeks and I've never once needed to scan and send personal information to do so just because I use a non US credit card.

I recommend booking with one of the many other sites offering the same service if you want to save yourself a giant headache.