Find another travel company

IrelandLizzie's review of Sew Many Places www.sewmanyplaces.com

“Find another travel company”

Written on: 01/07/2013 by IrelandLizzie (1 review written)

I was a customer of SMP for the 2013 International Quilt Festival of Ireland and a week of touring Ireland following the event. There was no visible on-site management of the trip. No one seemed to be in charge on the ground. Any decisions that were made were for the bottom line of SMP, not for the comfort and traveling needs of the 6 busloads of people on this trip.

We were promised a free day in Dublin, but are hotel was in an isolated location. The only way into Dublin was to pay SMP an additional $39 for the driver to provide a tour of the city and then provide a very limited amount of free time.

We were not provided names of our fellow travelers. When we were departing for the airport, there was no list for those in charge to check to make sure they had everyone on board the bus. If you bring someone to a foreign location, don't you have some responsibility to see that they get back to the airport for their return trip? Aren't they entitled to some instruction on how to navigate the various steps @ the airport? Apparently, SMP doesn't think so.

Debbiequilter1's Response to IrelandLizzie's Review

Written on: 17/07/2013

What are you talking about? The bus driver was the guide and the escort. That was made very clear. Who said you needed to pay to go to Dublin, our itinerary clearly stated that was an OPTIONAL TOUR and none of us had a gun to our heads saying we had to sign up and pay for it. If you chose to do that, then don't complain. I for one never wanted a list of my fellow travellers because i don't want to talk to most of you, especially the complaining ones like you. God help me if you had my name on a list. If you can't manage to get yourself on a bus to the airport, you don't belong traveling, you are an adult, so act like one!

Disappointed_Quilter's reply to Debbiequilter1's Comment

Written on: 12/08/2013

Any time anyone writes a negative review, you attack them. The reviewer is referring to a trip she took in 2012, as I when I wrote my review. I write many online reviews and have never had anyone attack me personally the way you have. I wanted a list of my fellow travelers to make arrangements ahead of time. You act like anything anyone else wants that you don't agree with is irrational. You accuse everyone else of not acting like an adult. Look in the mirror! Your response to negative reviews is very childish.

Jenny3455's Response to IrelandLizzie's Review

Written on: 29/10/2013

Totally agree the quilt festival of Ireland was a DISASTER and I have the pictures to prove it,.. there was nobody there the whole thing was a waste of time .. the only people I saw there were the few of Jim west coach tours and id say 500 at the most .. I must post some pics of the festival on here

Ragslinda's Response to IrelandLizzie's Review

Written on: 02/08/2013

While I have no connection with the tour company, I am saddened to hear of your experience. I hope you will visit Ireland again as it is a great place. Either on a tour or on your own the patchwork shops welcome visitors from all over the world and would love to meet you. Look us up and do come again.

Disappointed_Quilter's reply to Ragslinda's Comment

Written on: 12/08/2013

I have never met so many nice people as I did in Ireland. I will go again, just not with a bus tour.