Saga is not for single travellers!

Guest's review of Saga Holidays

“Saga is not for single travellers!”

Written on: 26/07/2013

Having booked a tour of Switzerland with Saga, paying a single supplement AND being told that I would get a standard room, I have just been informed that I will, in fact, be accommodated in a 'compact' room for single occupancy. From previous experience I am well aware what the quality of such rooms, which are invariably in poor positions and very cramped. I am particularly appalled by this as I did specifically check the situation before booking, BUT only received this information AFTER the final balance was due. I feel conned by Saga's cavalier approach to single travellers, particularly as this will be for 5 out of 8 nights. I have contacted the 'so-called' customer relations by phone and in writing but so far have not had the courtesy of a response. Have travelled with Saga previously and had mixed experiences, but things seem to be getting worse - how they believe they can do this and not even bother to respond is unbelievable when operating in such a competitive market. Will definitely not use again nor recommend.