Awful Customer Service!

Guest's review of STA Travel www.statravel.co.uk

“Awful Customer Service!”

Written on: 09/03/2013

I just attempted to book travel insurance with STA Travel thinking it would be easier than browsing around the internet - mistake!! As I was booking, their website crashed - the message that came up stated that, even though it was their fault the website had crashed, my credit card might still be charged and I had to call a customer service line at 10p per minute plus network charges. I called the line - as I had no choice - and waited for over 30mins. This was in spite of the act that the recorded message repeatedly told me that the expected wait time was between 1 and 2 minutes. In the end I had waited so long that I had to hang up. Now I have no travel insurance, a charged credit card and no way of getting hold of them without a potentially infinite wait to get through to somebody whilst being charged for the pleasure!!! DO NOT USE THEM!