Worst booking agent

Guest's review of Reservation Counter - www.reservationcounter.com

“Worst booking agent”

Written on: 02/01/2014

Do not book with any agent that charges your credit card for the full stay. Even though the e-mail says that if cancelled the day prior before 6PM, the charge would be honored.

I called at 2:30pm mountain time Dec. 28 to cancel for Dec. 29 and was first told that a refund could not be guaranteed. I had to call for a supervisor to honor the refund.

The hotel told me that if I had talked to them first not only would they have cancelled the next night without penalty, they would have offered me a reduced rate for the night I had already booked.

I called today Dec. 31 to see if I could get the discount from Reservation Counter and they said no. So for a difference of $20.47, Reservation Counter will suffer a negative review.

Also, when I made the reservation, I thought I was dealing directly with Hilton, but somehow I was directed to Reservation Counter.