Sharm Plaza Hotel

Wilksey223's review of Red Sea Holidays - www.redseaholidays.co.uk

“Sharm Plaza Hotel”

Written on: 01/08/2013 by Wilksey223 (1 review written)

All of the staff were wonderful, friendly and couldn't do enough to help. The pool staff were conscientious and the pools were always clean although getting a sunbed was often difficult. There are several health and safety issues at this hotel and when you read there are 'lots of steps' do not underestimate the 'lots'. I had a bad fall down an unlit step at night and spent days hobbling around with a badly sprained ankle and had to cancel a day trip. The on-site doctor was excellent, but it could have been avoided - I heard of several other people having trips and falls around the complex. Lighting at night is fairly sparse. There are pontoons to snorkel from, but boats also use one of these and caused a swell which pushed my friend onto the reef and she ended up in A&E as soon as she got home with severe swelling and blisters from the 'fire coral'. I think the boats should not be allowed so close to people swimming and snorkeling. Meal times were also rather chaotic - I've never stayed anywhere where I've struggled to find a table at mealtimes. Breakfast was repetitive and food mediocre. We went on a boat trip and were given a better meal. The room was large and clean, no complaints there although the bathroom could do with some attention - the bath was flexible and slippy - a bath mat would be helpful, and the shower fairly poor. On the whole, the complex was too large and disorganized for me so I would not recommend it, there are numerous 'accidents waiting to happen' - but I cannot fault the service of Red Sea Holidays and would book through them again without hesitation.