Unbelievable how this hotel merits 5 stars

Gpeers's review of Red Sea Holidays - www.redseaholidays.co.uk

“Unbelievable how this hotel merits 5 stars”

Written on: 20/04/2013 by Gpeers (1 review written)

we booked the holiday 1week before travelling at a cost of £460 per person for myself, my wife and my son . We thought we had secured a bargain 5 star resort break. As soon as we entered the lobby we realised we had been wrong and you get exactly what you pay for . The exterior of the hotel looks fine however the lobby, public areas, restaurants, bars and rooms are very shabby and need a lot of money invested to upgrade. The first room we were taken to was shabby and dirty. We complained and the manager was very helpful took us to another room and upgraded us to a junior suite. Even then the room was still not of a 5 star standard but given what we paid for the holiday we quickly accepted the hotel for what it is - a budget resort hotel . Our other main compliant was the food which is appalling and in many cases inedible . The mexican restaurant and buffet are particularly poor. Even the breakfast buffet is bad . The staff cannot be faulted and do what they can with very megre resources. The manager explained the 5 star rating as given by red sea holidays and an Egyptian government agency .This falls way below what we have experienced from 5star hotels in the uk, Europe, America or elsewhere. In giving the rating the manager explained staff accommodation was also considered. I can only assume the staff live in 5 star luxury the guests do not.