Purple Travel - £1400 for a futon in an AWFUL hotel!

Smccormack's review of Purple Travel - www.purpletravel.co.uk

“Purple Travel - £1400 for a futon in an AWFUL hotel!”

Written on: 06/08/2014 by Smccormack (2 reviews written)

Visit www.purpletravel.co.uk/

I booked a holiday to turkey with this company as it was the only one who still claimed to have availability in the hotel of my choice.

Upon arriving at the airport the flight was delayed by over two hours (admittedly no fault of purple travel) so by the time we arrived at our hotel it was almost 3 in the morning local time and everyone was very tired. We were told that they had no booking for us and had no idea why we were there. I attempted to call the emergency number provided but got no response. My son became very upset and distressed and had to be consoled by the hotel staff who were lovely. It took 45 minutes to find out that our hotel had actually been changed and only because the hotel staff rang around trying to help us. We then had to pay for a taxi to the next hotel where they took us to our room. The room was below par, there was one double bed a sofa and a very small futon that was too small for even my child to sleep on. The room came with no bedding, the water was cold and the food was inedible and complaining to the hotel staff was useless as they barely understood English.

I called purple travel first thing in the morning and was promised the hotel would be changed and someone would get back to me in a couple of hours, nobody got back to me that day and I finally received a call late afternoon the following day to tell me that I would be moved the next day. I explained that it was not good enough and that I had booked excursions and would be out all day that day and the next. I also explained that after half a week it was not good enough to move me halfway through the holiday and expect that to be an acceptable resolution. This was met with a simple 'ok' and I was informed it was not the fault of purple travel as they had not been informed themselves of the hotel change.

On the last day we had to walk half an hour back to the hotel we should have been at, up a steep hill with cases in the 40 degrees sun, as the transfer company did not know that our hotel had been changed and refused to pick us up from Asena. This holiday cost me over 1400 pounds for me to sleep at a run down hotel with inadequate beds and bedding. When I book with a company I expect them to confirm that my booking plans went ahead fine, so to say it is not their fault is just unacceptable and lazy on the part of the company who took my money but done no follow up to confirm everything had gone ahead smoothly. This company should be double checking that their customers get what they paid for especially as they seem to have this problem a lot, judging by several reviews I have read since where many customers have had the very same issue.

By Purpletravel.co.uk

Written on: 07/08/2014

Unfortunately, we cannot comment or respond to the specifics of your complaint on a public forum such as this, as we would not advise you post your booking details publicly.
I can confirm we received your email complaint on Monday evening and we now need to follow the ABTA procedures and investigate what has happened.
We have seen your comments on other sites and understand that you are extremely unhappy however, we must conduct a full investigate in order to provide you with a full and accurate explanation of what has happened.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Smccormack's reply to Purpletravel.co.uk's Comment

Written on: 07/08/2014

I am extremely unhappy and more so that purple travel seem to be trying to pass the buck and blame bedswithease. Well I didn't book with them, I booked with you and expect you to ensure everything went ahead and that you use trusted companies who provide a half decent service as I see these issues have been raised by other people. As for conducting an investigation to find out what happened, I fail to see how you do not already know since she claimed to have spoken to the provider already during my holiday.

I am willing to wait however yes I am angry. My whole holiday was ruined, my son was terrified and what should have been a nice first family holiday turned into a horrible experience we all wish we never entered into.

Smccormack's Response to Smccormack's Review

Written on: 06/08/2014

The star rating should have been a one, I pressed it wrong. It would be minus if possible.

www.purpletravel.co.uk/