Staff member rude/ service inadequate at best!

Guest's review of Purple Travel - www.purpletravel.co.uk

“Staff member rude/ service inadequate at best!”

Written on: 04/11/2013

Visit www.purpletravel.co.uk/

Booked a holiday to Egypt with a lovely lady who seemed efficient and friendly and filled me with confidence. However, the service finished when I paid. I received no confirmation and had to chase. I was then told that although I had believed we had booked transfers they were not included.I therefore booked transfers independently. We arrived in our hotel room and I switched on my phone to see a missed call from Purple Travel. They telephoned a few minutes later to inform me that they would forward our voucher for transfer!!! What - I said - we are already at the hotel and have paid for our own transfers plus the phone call is costing me £1.50 a minute! The rep at the hotel was worse than useless and refused to help us print out the emailed travel voucher for our return. Later on in the holiday we needed to change my husbands flight. Purple Travel refused to answer out emails and then proceeded to be rude to me on the phone stating that they would not deal with me via email - the whole fiasco probably cost me about £15,00 in phone calls. In fact the member of staff told me that she was not obliged to help us but would do so out of courtesy. I HATE this company - the service was shocking and the staff member extremely rude.I would complain but do not think that wasting any more time will benefit me.

By Purpletravel.co.uk

Written on: 05/11/2013

Hi,

We're sorry to hear about your experience and assure you we take these matters very seriously. Please can you send an e-mail to us with your reference number (beginning with HAY) we will investigate immediately.

Many thanks,
Purple Travel

www.purpletravel.co.uk//var/www/vhosts/phoenix/current/system/lib/twig//Environment.php--> CDEdiv-gpt-ad-1374247162719-0" class="trafficrich sidebar_top" style="width:300px; height:60px; margin: 0 auto 10px auto;">

/var/www/vhosts/phoenix/current/system/lib