be careful

Guest's review of Pitchup.com - www.pitchup.com

“be careful”

Written on: 20/08/2013

All though the description on Pitch up leads you to believing you have paid a deposit - which is quite clear on your booking form - what your not told is that the deposit doesn't hold your booking it is commissioned directly to pitch up. I found this out when I went to make enquiries to chosen campsite only to be told that no money had been put down to reserve my pitch. I was told that the deposit I supposedly paid was in fact commission to pitch up yes a booking was sent to campsite but no money was used to hold the reservation.

Had I have known this I would have carried on my own search - Pitch up appears to be cheaper but as explained above it works out dearer.

Pitchup's Comment

Written on: 20/08/2013

Thank you for your feedback but this isn't correct. We issue a confirmation which the campsite agrees confirms your booking and guarantees your pitch. However, if after your booking the balance payment terms are not met (which are clearly stated on our booking form and confirmation email), a campsite which requires payment up front may still cancel your pitch.

Please contact us at enquiries@pitchup.com and we will investigate.