Avoid like the Plague!

OtelHater's review of Otel.com - www.otel.com

“Avoid like the Plague!”

Written on: 17/06/2013 by OtelHater (1 review written)

I tried to book a hotel thru Otel.com in early April 2013. Upon entering all details including payment information, the message I get on-line is that the room is unavailable.

I immediately phone customer service inquiring about this message. There is loud music in the background and it is extremely difficult to hear the service representative! He says that, the message means that the hotel is full. Then I lose contact with him. I immediately phone back and no-one answers the phone. Terrible customer service!!!

I look at my email and see that I have an email from Otel.com informing me of my account password and providing a log in link.

I access my account trying to check if my booking went through. I don't see anything. So I assume it didn't since the message I received was "the room is unavailable".

My trip is the following day, so I rebook through Expedia.

One week later, I get an email from Otel asking me to rate my stay. What???

Check my credit card, sure enough, they charged it and never sent me a confirmation email.

I dispute the charge. They tell me they must discuss it with there hotel service provider. I am not impressed since it is there error, I did everything I could to confirm the booking or not and they shouldn't need to get approval from their hotel provider since it has nothing to do with them. I contact my bank to formally dispute the charge.

Finally one month later, they confirm to me via email that they will refund the charge. It is now 2 months later, still no refund. They refuse to answer the banks request for a credit voucher or any confirmation that they will refund the amount charged. Otel's customer service tells me I need to contact my bank to get the refund. Of course my bank can't refund me the money on my word alone.

I waited to write a review since mistakes can be made, it is how companies deal with them that really matter. I've waited long enough! Terrible customer service. Avoid like the plague.

Visit otel.com

By Otel.com

Written on: 08/12/2014

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your notification about the inconvenience with your otel.com experience.

Before all, we fell really sorry to hear that you have been unhappy with the service provided. As otel.com, customer satisfaction is and will be our number one priority and the most important matter for us in the upcoming period. Therefore, please let us know if you still have an on-going issue with otel.com, so that we can try to do our best to assist you.

Best regards,