Changing your booking

OTBunhappy's review of On The Beach Holidays - www.onthebeach.co.uk

“Changing your booking”

Written on: 06/12/2013 by OTBunhappy (1 review written)

On The Beach are the worst holiday company that I have had the unfortunate experience of dealing with whilst arranging a holiday. Firstly, when booking your holiday please make sure they have booked you in for the correct number of hotel day/nights versus the flight dates, otherwise you will be required to pay for an additional nights accomodation at the hotel. They seem to have little understanding of the checking out time versus the flight time, this had to be corrected with them.
Secondly, OTB take no accountability once you have paid and they have your cash. Five days before my family of 5 were due to fly out, I received a 'Message' via email to check my account as I had received an update. Fortunately, I check my emails regularly and logged into my OTB account. To my horror I was advised that due to an over booking we could not stay at our chosen hotel, not sure about you guys but we spend a lot of time and effort in this selection process. As a result OTB had found us a suitable alternative, which meant no water park, no family room but instead we had 2 rooms which were a few rooms apart, great news for my wife and 3 young children.
After complaining, OTB decided to blame their hotel booking agents and they could not help us. This is where the service went from bad to worse. We were given 1 choice of hotel unless we found an alternative, now we have 4 days before we fly and OTB did not have possible alternatives, we had find them and if it cost more then guess who has to pay. So I decided to enquire about cancellation, we were advised that the flights would be non refundable as they simply act as booking agents.
So, I lose £2,000 for our flights or go where OTB selected, plus I have to tell the kids 'daddy cancelled the holiday'.
I could go on and on about the stress these 5 days caused when I should have been looking forward to our break, but for the extra few pounds please use a decent holiday company for the peace of mind and reduced stress.

Visit onthebeach.co.uk