Hotel booking cancelled without notification!

Kal223's review of On The Beach Holidays - www.onthebeach.co.uk

“Hotel booking cancelled without notification!”

Written on: 29/10/2013 by Kal223 (1 review written)

ABTA reference 0029366

AS per your response received 22/11/2012

The response received from your company is an utter joke.
Ad you can see above I have registered a complaint with ABTA.

They have advised me to give you one more chance to address the issues I have raised below.
In case you are having any difficulty with it.
Please read and familiarise your self with the sad state of customer service and inappropriate use of my credit card for authorisation of the bookings.

I will give you another opportunity to address my concerns.
Namely that I am out of pocket to the tune of £300 and that your poor service ruined our holiday!

Yours sincerely

Kalab Hussain

On The Beach

MYB1621747B

MYB1619259B

I will keep this as short as I can.

Having just returned from a week's holiday with my wife and 2 kids I have to spend time detailing my extreme displeasure at your shoddy service.

I made the above bookings around 1 week before we set off to Antalya between the 12th to 19th October.

As you will be able to see I received both booking "confirmations" and like any normal human being assumed that everything had been finalised.

After travelling 2000 miles with my family and reaching the "booked" and paid for and confirmed hotel we arrived.

We were checked in and spent the next 2 days blissfully unaware that your incompetent company had cancelled my booking and thus effectively ruined our stay.

I was "accosted" on day 3 of our stay by 2 hotel security men who informed me that I was "fraudulently" staying in the hotel. This came as a massive surprise and also carried much embarrassment and humiliation as it was in the public lobby.

I could not understand how this could be as I had the coveted "confirmations" in my room. After much discussion and more humiliating conversations I finally got through to your offices after being on hold for 30 minutes and being 15th in the queue to be told I was indeed branded a fraudster by yourselves and had informed the Turkish booking agents and my hotel that I was knowingly staying at the hotel without paying.

NOW I do not need to tell you how angry and humiliated I was made to feel as well as ruining our planned and paid for day trip.

Your company allowed me to travel with 2 children knowing that you had cancelled my booking!. Apparently caught me out in some fraud prevention process which has never occurred in the 20 plus years that I have held a credit card and kept all this to yourself!

Your so called fraud process is a joke, your lacklustre excuse that had I logged in to my booking I would have seen it was cancelled, borders on the insane and your lack of any effort to contact me in any way was incompetent in the extreme as well as being extremely poor service.

I had to pay the hotel directly whilst I was there and also lost out a full day of our holiday in dealing with your stupid incompetence.

I will allow you one opportunity to rectify this before I go to ABTA and Watchdog as well Trading Standards and the Press.

I am out of pocket to the tune of around £300 and had to endure missing our trip that day as well as massive humiliation.

One opportunity to resolve before I take this higher.

I expect a very speedy response and will take things further if not resolved.

It has now come to my notice that as well the "fiasco" that has been dealing with your company.

That you have also had the audacity to have taken two payments from my credit card despite the so called "fraud" prevention measure that I apparently showed up on!!!

This is tantamount to theft!

Whatever now happens I shall be taking this much further as this is complete incompetence and can only be described as an affront to customer service.

The two payments are dated and have been taken on the exact date that I made the bookings which further goes against your so called "fraud" measures.

£331.27 dated 04/10/2012 and £138.25 dated 05/10/2012.

These need to be refunded immediately and my issues addressed!!

I will be involving ABTA and the Press tomorrow if I have not had a response.

Even more angry and sorry that I even heard of your company!!!

A very angry father of 2 children!

Kalab Hussain