Just Don't Bother!! Choose a more reliable Travel Agent!

Guest's review of On The Beach Holidays - www.onthebeach.co.uk

“Just Don't Bother!! Choose a more reliable Travel Agent!”

Written on: 31/08/2013

Booked holiday to Majorca with OTB.
Due to French Air Traffic Control strikes, the flight was delayed, but still scheduled to fly. Then as people were boarding the plane, it was announced that the flight had been cancelled, with no more available flights for at least 4 days. Holiday obviously had to be cancelled. Tried to get money back from insurance? They told us it was OTB that should pay us back. It took us 4 days to eventually get through to OTB, and when we got through to them they were very rude and told us that the insurance company should refund us, and we were not the only people with this problem. Spoke to a solicitor who told us it IS On The Beach's responsibility to pay us back so we wrote to them, received an email reply (a month later) saying they would refund us for the flight but nothing else because they couldn't get the money back from the hotel therefore we couldn't get the money back for it. So we've had no option but to accept the flight money back and we are now over £600 out of pocket- plus we had to book another holiday at extremely short notice. OTB have said they are not a package holiday site because they just book everything separately. If I'd have known that from the start I wouldn't have booked with them!

My friend also had problems with on the beach, where OTB booked 2 of the same holiday (to Majorca) for her, and taking the money from her bank twice. She rang up over 15 times to try and sort the issue out, and every time she rang up the issue was still not resolved, as an OTB employee cancelled half of each holiday instead of just one whole holiday. Then she got given 2 flights out there and none back. Then 2 on the way back but none there. Then a flight out and back on the same day. These people don't seem to know what they're doing!
And another friend who booked with OTB arrived to their destination (Zante) to find that the hotel hadn't even had a reservation for them so they had to pay for themselves to stay there!

LONG STORY SHORT, I've now learned my lesson that sites like On The Beach are more trouble than they're worth. They may be cheaper but they're NO WAY reliable and there's 3 examples to prove it. Next time, I'm sticking to the high street travel agents. Yes they're more expensive; but they provide a holiday of quality and their employees actually know what they are doing.

Visit onthebeach.co.uk