Last minute "error"

ericuk's review of On The Beach Holidays - www.onthebeach.co.uk

“Last minute "error"”

Written on: 26/08/2013 by ericuk (1 review written)

My partner and I booked a holiday to Egypt 7 months ago. It's 2 weeks before we leave and Onthebeach have messaged us to say there has been an error and our hotel is now full.

They have offered us an inferior alternative or a refund on the hotel only. I guess that most hotels will now be booked.

We didn't book a last minute deal and have been looking forward to this for ages. They should have offered us an UPGRADE from what we booked and at least told us what hotels are available at such a late stage.

They also fail to acknowledge the civil unrest completely. No one with a brain cell would say that everything is "fine" in Egypt. There are curfews etc. Its on the GOVERNMENT website. My partner rang them today to complain about the error and they said the manager wasn't working, then suddenly THEY WERE.

Please don't ever use these lying incompetent time wasters. Companies like this prey on people looking for cheap holidays and offer a poor service. I'd rather pay the extra money next time and use a proper company that can give you the holiday you pay for.

Visit onthebeach.co.uk