Stay clear/ it's a rip off.

Guest's review of On The Beach Holidays - www.onthebeach.co.uk

“Stay clear/ it's a rip off. ”

Written on: 11/07/2013

Holiday to Ibiza booked 6 months in advance. 4 days before departure, they send an urgent message that the hotel is no longer available and offer some shity place instead. (Same price)

If you are not happy it is up to you to book alternative accommodation. Or you can take a refuld BUT the refund can take many many days to come through. They are not even sure how long.

Of course 4 days before departure during high season everywhere is fully booked or really expensive. So you are stuck and with your money in limbo.

Customer services are really unhelpful. 'Take it or leave approach'/ Don't send any messages complaining or your refund will take longer... nice!.

Won't use again. Stay clear, they will ruin your holiday.

Visit onthebeach.co.uk

Onthebeachltd's Comment

Written on: 12/07/2013

I'm very sorry to hear your hotel was changed so close to departure, regretfully the hotels do at times have to cancel bookings for many reasons such as early closure or operational reasons. We can investigate this further with the hotel supplier, please send your comments to our head office to allow us to review this for you.

Tirolexiste's Comment

Written on: 12/07/2013

I have sent my comments to your head office. They asked me not to contact them because otherwise my refund would take even longer to arrive.

I have investigated it with the hotel already and they say it was your fault not theirs. It would be nice if you would arrange my refund as I had to fork out loads of money to book somewhere else at such short notice. Thanks.

People use travel agents to avoid stress and complications. I think it is much simpler to book directly.

Onthebeachltd's Comment

Written on: 12/07/2013

Please contact us so we can assist further, unfortunately I am not provided with your booking details so cannot see what correspondence we have received from you.

onthebeach.co.uk