What a diabolical shower of a company

Guest's review of On The Beach Holidays - www.onthebeach.co.uk

“What a diabolical shower of a company”

Written on: 11/06/2013

NEVER EVER book a holiday with this company...
When I rang to enquire about the accommodation for a place I liked the look of, the assistant took every single detail from me and by that I mean all passenger names, ages, passport numbers etc etc and after 10 minutes on the phone all I wanted was to know if the apartments had one or two rooms! After all that she took my booking, even though I wanted to book online (as I had already got all my details on there too). I subsequently found out my holiday was £400 cheaper with lowcostholidays.com and on the beach REFUSED to pricematch my holiday because I had chosen to make the booking on the phone and not online. After arguing that I had not chosen - they had - they still refused to budge.
Then they had the audacity to charge me 2.5% for paying with my debit card. I got a prepaid mastercard as I was told that was not going to incur fees and STILL my Mastercard could not be processed because their online system would not allow it. I spent another 4 phone calls and at least a wasted afternoon trying to pay for my holiday. It seems they make it as difficult as possible to pay with a Mastercard that does not incur fees BECAUSE they want to maximise profits by forcing you to pay in a way that will fleece the living daylights out of you.
They have never responded satisfactorily to my complaints, only saying that their aim is to please, but NEVER offering to rectify their systems or procedures. My advice is go elsewhere - other holidays to the same resorts and through the same airlines are cheaper through A1 travel and lowcostholidays. NEVER book over the phone if you have to use this shambles of a company and then if you find your holiday cheaper then you can at least get them back using their pricematch guarantee.

Visit onthebeach.co.uk