On The Beach Holidays - www.onthebeach.co.uk Review

Thewoodalls's review of On The Beach Holidays - www.onthebeach.co.uk

“Onthebeach.co.uk claim to be a legitimate travel...”

Written on: 30/03/2013 by Thewoodalls (1 review written)

Onthebeach.co.uk claim to be a legitimate travel company. Taking advantage of people by offering so called "low deposits" and then either fleecing them for more money or holding their deposit so that they can make money out of it.

How's this for customer service - Friday evening holiday found with onthebeach.co.uk, confirmed available on their web site, deposit paid including the mandatory 3% for paying by debit card (total of over £540!) then all we have to do is wait for oficial confirmation.
Easy right? WRONG!

The very next morning we receive a text to say that they had tried to contact us and they need us to call them back on an 0870 10ppm number. Surely this can't be right as we had been in all morning with no missed calls or messages on any telephnones, hummm?

OK, When we call them on their premium rate number they inform us that our chosen holiday (room type and in fact hotel) are not available any more but not to worry, they can still sort us out. They can give us smaller rooms in a different hotel, as long as we didn't mind sharing 3 people to a twin room. Oh, and it would of course cost MORE MONEY!!! Yeah, I bet they can!

If this wasn't bad enough when we complained and requested our deposit of over £540 back they told us that we would first have to cancel our booking, then wait approximately 5 working days before they could process any refund.

CANCEL....CANCEL we said? It would only be a cancelation if the holiday booked was actually available!
And what about our money? It took all of around 3 seconds to take it from my electronic pocket, yet it will take 5 days to put it back? onthebeach.co.uk should be ashamed of them selves.

I suppose I should have known better. My mum always told me not to leave any valuables ON THE BEACH as they were sure to be stollen as soon as my back was turned. How right she was!

Apparently this isn't classed as fraud as they are offering to return my money.......eventually. I know what I call it. You make your own mind up.

Unless they refuse to refund the money there is nothing that the police can do. We'll see if and when the money is returned. Either way, I think I'll stick to reputable companies in future and unless you enjoy a gamble, suggest that you do to.

Visit onthebeach.co.uk