OTB - ABTA registered but companies they use might not be

ScottG1976's review of On The Beach Holidays - www.onthebeach.co.uk

“OTB - ABTA registered but companies they use might not be”

Written on: 14/02/2013 by ScottG1976 (1 review written)

We had to complain to On The Beach regarding our hotel. They said they would need to check with the 3rd party company Eurorooms that they booked through.

When we booked the On The Beach website described our hotel as "This big modern hotel". Eurorooms stated their web site didn't so hotel wasn't mis-sold.

After several months of emailing and sending letters I finally went to ABTA. ABTA have said that while On The Beach are ABTA registered, Eurorooms are not so there is nothing they can do. I would need to seek legal advice to pursue the matter further.

Visit onthebeach.co.uk

Onthebeachltd's Response to ScottG1976's Review

Written on: 15/02/2013

Hi Scott,

I'm sorry that you've had reason to complain about your hotel.

If you can send a message through 'Manage your booking' on our website, I can look into this to ensure we've covered everything possible.

What you've been advised is correct in that we would need to refer your complaint to the hotel, however I want to ensure that you've had a response from them and also that we're describing the hotel correctly on our site.

Nikki

Scottg1976's reply to Onthebeachltd's Comment

Written on: 17/02/2013

Hi Nikki,

I've had 3 different dialogues through your website and sent 2 letters and all that happens is you refer them to hotel or Eurorooms. They then reply that they have no record of complaints, even although I did complain whilst at hotel, so they will not do anything.

OTB have now changed your website to this cheap and cheerful hotel but this doesn't help me 6 months after I've returned.

Scott

Onthebeachltd's reply to Scottg1976's Comment

Written on: 18/02/2013

Hi Scott,

I (as the customer service manager) would like to look into this further as I’m concerned about your last comment. Whilst we are the agent I’m concerned about the fact that the description has now been changed but this hasn’t been resolved for you. I understand that you’ve sent us several messages but from the details on here I’m unable to locate them to contact you.

Could you either call before 5pm today and ask for me, or send a message via MYB referencing that we’ve discussed this.

Thanks

Nikki

Scottg1976's reply to Onthebeachltd's Comment

Written on: 18/02/2013

Hi Nikki,

I had already requested this earlier today (18th). I've sent another message to ask again.

If you check my earlier messages I've put some photos on your website showing the state of my room and diggers at work etc.

regards